Amazon Ecopark Jungle Lodge is a tourist, scientific and educational complex.
Created in 1991, this privately owned property, opened its jungle lodge doors to guests in 1995.
A convenient location cose do Manaus (approximately 1 h) on Tarumã river, a tributary of the Negro river. The lodge operates its own transfer (shuttle van or bus to a river pier and regional boat to the lodge).
The lodge has 70 bungalows in 22 stand-alone structures (being rebuilt in brick), each with 3, 4 or 6 apartments. A striking feature of the Amazon Ecopark is the distribution of these structures under the rainforest tree canopy. Each apartment has its own entrance from outside, balcony, screened windows, bathroom with electric shower, air-conditioner and mini bar.
One of the brick structures has 4 apartments and the same features as the others. Two with wheelchair ramps for easy access and bathrooms with safety grab bars for physically challenged guests. The other 2 have two additional twin beds and are ideal for families.Another structure has 6 larger apartments.
All units are comfortable and decorated with Amazonian handicrafts.
Features of the lodge:
- ample reception area surrounded by verandas;
- convenience and handcrafts store;
- restaurant and kitchen (guests are welcome to visit);
- for events: 1 function room with and another without air-conditioning;
- table games corner at the lounge;
- TV by the bar;
- pavillion with hammocks and lounge chairs;
- 4 pools of natural water and private beach;
- river beach - the Amazonian ecocsytem is linked to seasonal water levels. The beach may be covered with water on the months of May, June and July - the high waters. Then the low waters of September to beginning of December.
- several fresh clear water streams, jungle trails with different types of vegetation, including virgin forest, savanna and flooded forest areas with giant treets, exotic orchids, medicinal plants and birds of different species.
The cuisine of ECOPARK is an attraction apart:
Fruits of the season come in first starting with watermelon, papaya, banana, etc. Served at breakfast and during meals, are always welcome for its freshness and flavor. A fantastic experience is to discover the fresh fruit juices (taperebá, cupuaçu, açai, graviola, etc.) typical of the Amazon. Buffet breakfast displays breads and pastries, biscuits, white and yellow cheese, cakes, French toast, pancakes, jams, butter, coffee, milk, chocolate and a tea box. At a station a servant prepares eggs to your taste (scrambled, fried or omelet).
Lunch and dinner buffet is always a treat and includes a choice of beef, chicken and Amazonian fresh water fish (tambaqui, peacock bass, arapaima, pacu, etc.), hot dishes (white rice, baked and fried potatoes), vegetables, salads (lettuce, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes etc.). For dessert, fresh fruits of the season (papaya, pineapple, mango, watermelon etc.) and assorted sweets (cupuaçu pie with Brazil nuts; cream of soursop; passion fruit or cupuaçu pudding; banana meringue; chocolate cake; fruit jams; etc.
Note: if at a given date hotel occupancy is 30 guests or less, hotel meals will be served “à la carte”.